At Colonial Funeral Home, we are committed to serving the families of Staten Island and the surrounding communities with exceptional care. While there are many reputable funeral homes in Staten Island, we are proud to be the one your family chooses to work with.
When you lose a loved one, you should not have to stress over the details of arranging a funeral service. Our licensed funeral directors can help you through each step of arranging a funeral service including the completion of necessary paperwork, handling and transporting of the deceased, arrangement of the service, and grief support services afterward.
Whether you are calling to inquire about prearranging a service or have just lost a loved one and need to make immediate arrangements; the first call is very important. During this first call, you should expect to be asked for certain details and specific information. Being prepared with this information ahead of time will help make the initial phone call easier.
- Have you or the deceased made any arrangements already?
- Your name, and other contact information
- The deceased’s name, date of birth, and date of death
- Do you need a legal pronouncement of death? (immediate need only)
- The location to pick up the remains (immediate need only)
- What would you like included with your service?
- Is the deceased an organ donor? (immediate need only)
Once these initial questions have been asked, the funeral director will arrange a time for you to come in to our offices and complete the arrangements.